After last week’s hindsight realization (haha), I did more research on the Brazilian Butt Lift program…So, I….
Yes, that’s right. I identified an issue, an improvement I wanted to make in my life, and immediately took action to rectify. In this case, I had just gotten paid, it wasn’t that expensive, and the online ordering system was super easy…bam…
That is not, by far, my normal MO. Usually, I am sitting around for weeks/months/years thinking….
“I’ve really got to ________” (insert: ”start college fund”, “get MBA”, “get yoga teacher certification”, “wrap loose coins”, “call my family”…)
I have been trying to figure out all week what was it that got me off my rear end (haha) and take even the smallest step to change something I wanted to improve in my life.
- it was a concrete, identified problem that I wanted to fix
- people readily wanted to share their opinion about it, so it was easy to do research to come to a decision. so many of my friends are working on fitness/health goals that I knew I’d have support and accountability too.
- i have nothing to lose if it doesn’t work out
- i love online shopping
- it felt good to take immediate action
Five Steps to Change Your Life
clearly state the problem you wish to resolve
conduct research on all potential solutions
make sure the benefits outweigh the risk
choose the resolution that most clearly aligns with an activity you already like doing, along with the support/accountability
take immediate action. if the risks are too great to rip it off like a band-aid, take small steps every day.
Now, where to begin? I have a job interview coming up, so that always opens up thinking space around your life and your career path. What I have been thinking about is what is my ideal work situation/environment. I may take out an ad:
Top Executive seeking position where:
- I have flexible hours that I set myself
- I receive a great, big, huge, mega salary
- I get a company car (luxury model, of course. Or a Jeep Wrangler. Silver with a black soft top.)
- there are 8 weeks paid vacation a year, plus all school holidays off
- the team takes fabulous, fun, quarterly retreats at places like Miraval
- I get a discretionary expense account
- the environment is family-friendly
- I get the ability to work remotely most of the time
- I have intelligent, dedicated, loyal staff
- I GET TO BE CREATIVE
- Tuition reimbursement is available, and I mean enough to actually get a DEGREE, not barely enough to purchase a text book
- A sizable signing bonus is provided
- A semi-annual performance bonus is given
- Annual RAISES are given
- there is a culture that encourages health, exercise and overall wellness
- Excellent health insurance coverage options are provided
- Travel opportunities to fabulous international locations are available. Oh, and at my discretion. I don’t want it to feel like it’s a burden, of course…
And, most importantly, I have enough resources and support to live my motto:
CHANGE THE WORLD
There is my wish list, Universe. Hear, that??? Maggie, the psychic from Miraval, told me back in August that this would be a great year, and that February 4th would be a big day for me.
I’m assuming a company is going to call me today and make me a job offer with all the perks above. My small step for today will be to answer the phone, even if I have to pause my Bum Bum DVD.
Tomorrow, I may need to take a more proactive approach…but that is for tomorrow…
Speaking of which, I wanted to share a “before” photo of the offending backside as the start of my accountability, but have you ever tried to take a picture of your ass? It ain’t easy. And it’s not exactly the thing I can walk up to someone and ask. ”Excuse me, can you please take a picture of my bum?”